Trash and Recycling
Allen's trash and recycling service is provided by Community Waste Disposal (CWD). Trash is collected weekly, and recycling is collected every other week on assigned collection days.
Para asistencia en español, llame a 972.392.9300 (opción 8).
Service and billing
Service begins automatically when residents sign up for water service. Trash, recycling and water service is billed by City of Allen.
Trash and recycle carts
Carts are the property of CWD. Each household is provided one trash cart and one recycle cart. If carts are lost or moved to a new address, a replacement fee will be charged. You are encouraged to write your address on your carts with spray paint or permanent marker to help identify them if lost or moved.
- Additional carts: To add an additional trash or recycle cart, call CWD at 972.392.9300, option 2. A charge for each additional cart will appear on your monthly City of Allen utility bill.
- Damaged carts: For free replacement of a damaged trash or recycle cart, call CWD at 972.392.9300, option 2.
Before collection day
- All trash must be bagged before being placed inside the cart.
- Place shredded paper in clear plastic bags before recycling.
- All other recyclables should be placed loose inside your recycling cart.
On collection day
- Place carts at your collection point by 7 a.m. on collection day. The front of the cart should face the street, with the handle facing your home.
- Leave 2 feet of space between carts and any nearby obstacles such as cars, gas meters, fences, cable boxes and other carts.
- Keep all trash inside the cart with the lid completely closed. Don't put extra trash on top of or beside the cart.
- Secure carts during high winds and severe weather.
What can I recycle?
Use these guidelines when sorting your recyclables for collection.
|#1 plastics including water and soda bottles with lids, peanut butter jars, mouth wash bottles (rinse first)
|#2 plastics including rinsed milk jugs, shampoo bottles, detergent and bleach bottles
|#3 plastics including some spray bottles and clamshell packages
|#4 plastics including some squeeze bottles
|#5 plastics including yogurt tubs and some medicine bottles
|#7 plastics including some baby bottles, sippy cups, water bottles and juice containers
|All colors of glass bottles and jars (lids removed)
|Aluminum and steel/tin cans (rinse first) and completely empty aerosol containers
|Newspapers, magazines, junk mail, phone books
|Flattened cardboard and chipboard soft drink/cereal/cracker boxes (no liners)
|Paper cartons (from milk/juice boxes); Tetra Pak cartons (from broth/wine/protein drinks), frozen food boxes with the recycling symbol
|Plastic bags, aluminum foil or containers, Styrofoam egg cartons, cups or other #6 plastics
|Ceramics, drinking glasses and incandescent light bulbs
|Pizza boxes and other soiled paper products
|Food waste, plastic straws
|Dead animals under 10 pounds
|Broken household items, wire hangers, textiles
Moving in? Give us a call!
City of Allen offers a one-time Saturday collection service for empty, flattened and stacked cardboard boxes. Packing paper also may be placed in a labeled cardboard box and collected at the same time. No bubble wrap or foam accepted.
Call 214.509.4551 or email us by noon on the day before pickup.
Trash and Recycling
Community Waste Disposal (CWD)
972.392.9300, Option 2
Allen Waste Services