Arts and Culture
- Allen Arts Alliance: As the umbrella organization for many of the arts in the Allen community, the Allen Arts Alliance promotes, nurtures, and celebrates the arts through interactive participation with schools, civic organizations, businesses and residents.
- Allen Quilter's Guild: A 501(c)(3) organization promoting the knowledge of all aspects of quilting including the heritage, education, art and friendship of quilting. Meetings held third Thursday of each month at Blue House Too.
- Collin County Ballet Theater: Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization bringing 30 years of professional experience to Collin County and the highest level of professional standards in the art of dance.
- Friends of the Allen Public Library: Volunteer nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting the Allen Public Library through funds and programs.
- Public Art Committee: Oversees the commissioning of artwork to enhance Allen’s public places and infuse culture and beauty into the everyday life of Allen’s residents and visitors.
Environment and Conservation
- Allen Garden Club: Seeks to educate people in Allen and surrounding areas about natural gardening practices and the benefits of gardening, encouraging people to conserve our natural resources and exemplify public spirit by participation in community service projects.
- Collin County Master Gardeners: An educational service organization of volunteers trained in horticulture, landscaping, soil improvement, water conservation and many other subjects of importance to Texas gardeners. CCMG is affiliated with the Texas AgriLife Extension Service of the Texas A&M University system.
- Keep Allen Beautiful (KAB): Designated City board supported by staff in the City of Allen Solid Waste Division. KAB offers a variety of volunteer involvement programs, annual events, and green initiatives.
- Water Conservation Block Leader Program: Partner with Allen Water Conservation to spread the message of water conservation to your neighbors.
- Allen Heritage Guild: Maintains the Allen Heritage Center, which features events and preserves historic materials related to the development and history of Allen; also includes the Allen Heritage Village, comprised of several restored historic structures which preserve Allen's rich history.
Parks and Recreation
- Allen Parks Foundation: Assists in enhancing the Allen park system and recreational facilities through expanded development and recreational programming.
- Allen Parks and Recreation Department: Learn about our volunteer opportunities for adults (age 18+) and those seeking court-appointed service hours. Sign up for email updates on opportunities for youth volunteers (age 13-17) and practicum students.
- Allen Public Safety Recovery Fund: Ensures funds are available and appropriately dispersed to public safety personnel in cases where emergency financial assistance is needed.
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT): Train in fire safety, search and rescue, and disaster medical operations to help your neighborhood or workplace in case of a large-scale emergency.
- Citizens Fire Academy: In this 10-week course, residents experience an inside look at the Allen Fire Department.
- Citizens Police Academy: In this 12-week course, residents learn about the Allen Police Department including criminal law, patrol tactics and surveillance techniques. Graduates are eligible to train for two additional volunteer groups.
- Allen Public Library VolunTeens: Allen Public Library accepts teenage volunteer applicants twice per year--In May for summer positions and in August for school year positions.
- Junior Police Academy: Students entering 7th, 8th or 9th grade can experience law enforcement firsthand in this annual summer camp.
- Summer Fire Academy: Teaches 5th and 6th grade students what it takes to be an Allen firefighter. Students rehearse practical first aid and fire safety skills, learn about firefighting equipment, build self-confidence and explore firefighting as a possible future career.
Other Civic Organizations
- Allen-Fairview Chamber of Commerce
- Allen Kiwanis Club
- Allen Lions Club
- Allen High Noon Lions Club
- Allen Masonic Lodge No. 1435
- Rotary Club of Allen
- Rotary Club of Allen Sunrise
- Allen Veterans Memorial
- Daughters of the American Revolution National Society
- VFW Armistice Memorial Post 2195